This policy was last updated in November 2018.
The CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ site (the “Site”), including the Site as made available during related events such as the unsconscious bias mobile tour, is an offering of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, the US firm of the PricewaterhouseCoopers global network of firms.
PwC is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. This privacy statement explains how we treat your personal information when you use the Site. By using the Site and submitting any personal information, you agree to the terms of this statement.
‘PwC,’ ‘we’ and ‘us’ refer to PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, the US member firm of the PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) global network of member firms. Each PricewaterhouseCoopers member firm is a separate legal entity. For further details, please see www.pwc.com/structure.
We collect personal information voluntarily provided by you through the Site, for example, when you pledge or email the Site administrators, which could include your name, email address and phone number. We also collect information about your device, browser, IP address and location when you use the Site.
PwC does not intend to collect sensitive personal information about you through the Site. Sensitive personal information includes a number of types of data relating to: race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or other similar beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; sexual life or criminal record.
If you provide sensitive personal information to PwC through the Site, you do so voluntarily and PwC accepts your consent for us to collect, store and use your sensitive personal information in the same ways as other personal information we collect.
If you believe the Site has collected excessive information, we encourage you to contact Idalia Hill at [email protected] to raise your concerns.
Use of data
The primary purpose(s) for which PwC collects your personal information on the Site and for which PwC may use it is/are: respond to any inquiries you make through the “contact us” function; send you content and information via email about CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™. Other purposes for which PwC may use your personal information are:
- To operate, administer, manage and improve the Site and the user experience
- To monitor activity on the Site for security-related purposes and to check compliance with applicable obligations, laws, professional standards and PwC policies and guidance
- To conduct data analysis regarding the performance and use of the Site and the demographics of its users for use by PwC
- To conduct quality and risk management reviews.
The Site does not intend to collect or compile personal information for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes, or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
Cookies and log files
If you are concerned about cookies, most browsers permit individuals to decline cookies. In most cases, a visitor may refuse a cookie and still fully navigate our website; however, other functionality in the site may be impaired. After termination of the visit to our site, you can always delete the cookie from your system if you wish.
In order to properly manage our website, we may anonymously log information on our operational systems, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are reported in the aggregate to our webmasters. This is to ensure that our website presents the best web experience for visitors and is an effective information resource.
Further information about cookies used on the Site is available here:
Personal information collected by PwC may be transferred or disclosed to third party contractors, subcontractors, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or other PwC firms for the purposes set out in this statement and for the administration of our site and/or other internal, administrative purposes. Personal information may also be transferred to third party service providers of identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back up, security and storage services. As a result, your personal information may also be transferred outside the country where you are located. By submitting personal information through this site, you are providing explicit consent to the transfer of such information for the fulfillment of your voluntary requests or otherwise as set out in the ‘Use of data’ section.
It is PwC’s policy to disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- As required by applicable law, statute, rule, regulation or professional standard, or through subpoena, search warrant or other legal process
- For regulatory compliance purposes
- When explicitly requested by a user
- Or otherwise as set out in this statement.
PwC is committed to providing reasonable and practical access to users to allow them the opportunity to identify and correct the accuracy of personal information previously submitted to PwC. When personal information is retained, PwC assumes responsibility for keeping an accurate record of the information once a user has submitted and verified the data. PwC does not assume responsibility for verifying the ongoing accuracy of the content of personal information. When practically possible, if PwC is informed that any personal information collected through the Site is no longer accurate, PwC will make appropriate corrections based on the updated information that you provide.
If you would like to exercise your rights under applicable law to obtain details of personal information PwC holds about you, or to correct that information, please contact Idalia Hill at [email protected]. You can also contact Idalia Hill at [email protected] if you have a complaint about PwC’s handling of your personal information.
PwC will retain your personal information for as long as is required for any of the purposes described above, or longer if required by applicable law or regulation.
PwC understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The PwC site covered by this privacy statement is not intentionally designed for or directed at children under the age of 13 years. It is PwC’s policy never to knowingly collect or maintain personal information about children under the age of 13.
PwC has put in place appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or destruction, including unauthorized, accidental or unlawful disclosure or processing of your personal information. Only authorized personnel are provided access to personal information and these employees have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
PwC may update this statement at any time by publishing an updated version here. You can access the most current version of this privacy statement at any time on this Site.
This CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ site (this “Site”) is made available by PwC, whose registered address is 300 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10017 and whose telephone number is +1 (646) 471-4000. PwC refers to the US member firm of the PwC network. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
PwC and its licensors own the information, content and materials provided on the Site (“Content”), each of which is protected by proprietary rights and laws. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any right to use any trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos or designs without the express prior written consent of the owner.
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file or program that is or is potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment (each, a “Virus”);
- Use the Site for any commercial purpose, including using the Site for or in connection with any facility management, service bureau or time-sharing purposes, services, or arrangements, or otherwise use the Site for processing data or other information on behalf of any third party;
- Use the Site for any purpose that is fraudulent or otherwise tortious or unlawful; harvest or collect information about users of the Site;
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site; or violate any requirement, procedure or policy of such servers or networks;
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site;
- Reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, distribute or otherwise exploit any portion of (or any use of) the Site except as expressly authorized herein, without PwC’s express prior written consent;
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law;
- Remove or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice on the Site;
- Frame or mirror any portion of the Site, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Site into any product or service, without PwC’s express prior written consent;
- Systematically download and store Content; and
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather Content, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site, without PwC’s express prior written consent.
- Disclaimer.The Content is intended as general guidance only and given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, and the inherent hazards of electronic communication, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in information contained in this Site. The Content is provided with the understanding that the authors and Content providers are not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional advice or services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisers. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult an appropriate professional. While we have made every attempt to ensure that the Content has been obtained from reliable sources, PwC is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All Content is provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will PwC, its related partnerships or corporations, or the partners, agents or employees thereof be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in this Site or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- DMCA Notice.The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send to PwC a written notice by mail or e-mail, requesting that PwC remove such material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send to PwC a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/for details. Notices and counter-notices must be sent in writing to PwC’s DMCA agent as follows: By mail to PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Attn: Office of the General Counsel, Three Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA 94111; by e-mail to [email protected]; or by fax to the fax number that we will provide to you if you request such fax number by contacting PwC’s DMCA agent by mail, e-mail or telephone at the addresses or phone number provided in this Section. PwC’s DMCA agent’s phone number is (415) 498-7542. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a DMCA notice or counter-notice.