Marcum Women’s Initiative
Create a more compelling work environment and enhance career opportunities for women.
The Marcum Women’s Initiative was established to create a more compelling work environment and enhanced career opportunities for women at the Firm through national and local programs and activities that motivate, support, advance, retain, and reward women partners and staff toward the universal goal of building the Firm. The Women’s Initiative is charged with engaging Marcum’s women professionals and executing overall strategy for women’s career success at the Firm. The initiative’s objectives are:
- Foster an inclusive environment where women can thrive.
- Increase networking opportunities for women.
- Connect Marcum women to women in the marketplace, positioning them for business development opportunities.
- Develop mentoring relationships.
- Further the development and advancement of women.
- Provide a forum for women to share experiences and support each other in personal and professional pursuits.
- Encourage and support women throughout their development at the Firm.
As part of this commitment, the initiative will deliver programs and pursue alliances at the local level that support the initiative’s Firm-wide goals. The Women’s Initiative strives to influence Marcum’s succession planning and partner pipeline processes through the following committees:
- Retention – focuses on the retention and advancement of Marcum’s female associates.
- Partner Advancement – develops leadership training and sponsorship programs for Marcum’s women professionals to better position them for future leadership roles.
- Networking and Business Development – provides networking opportunities to develop long-term client relationships.
- Marcum Moms / Caregivers – establish mentor / mentee relationships for Marcum’s new and expectant mothers before, during and after maternity leaves to navigate a professional career while caring for a dependent.
- Communications and Thought Leadership – leverages original content to provide thought leadership resources to the communities Marcum serves.
The Women’s Initiative is led by a national steering committee, comprised of a passionate team of associates with diverse representation throughout Marcum’s footprint.
Marcum is committed to maintaining a workplace environment where women and men from diverse backgrounds and cultures can find meaningful career opportunities and become thriving professionals who succeed and contribute to the success of our clients and our firm. Marcum is a place where women and men work together productively, in a culture of mutual support and respect, and have the opportunity to develop their careers to the highest levels of the accounting profession. In this spirit, Marcum’s Women’s Initiative is the initial focus of the Firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Program.