Local Markets Diversity Councils
Real estate markets are unique and local, and a large part of Realogy’s network is spread around the country, so a locally sensitive approach to diversity and inclusion is necessary. As the largest full-service residential real estate services company in the United States, Realogy understands that attracting and retaining a diverse employee and agent base that mirrors the demographic needs of the market is good business and a means to promote equality and fairness in housing.
Seeking to drive inclusive engagement, recruitment and retention efforts in local markets around the country and build a culture where diverse talent is embraced as a foundation for competitive advantage, Realogy has established Local Markets Diversity Councils. By focusing efforts on attracting and retaining a diverse agent and employee talent base that more closely mirrors the demographics of local markets, we can better engage and serve the needs of those markets, foster more inclusive practices in the industry and, ultimately, grow our business.
The Local Markets Diversity Councils provide strategic direction and drive Realogy’s inclusive engagement, recruitment and retention efforts on a local level by:
- Facilitating diversity vision and strategy setting within Realogy’s market-leading brands
- Monitoring execution of strategy, results and ROI
- Liaising with company executives
- Helping communicate vision throughout Realogy
- Driving engagement of local Realogy leaders and agent network
- Identifying other advocates of diversity within the company
Through regular meetings and other activities, the Councils increase awareness of the business case for diversity, share success stories, and identify and explore solutions for continued barriers to inclusion; increase alignment with company diversity strategy to ensure greater business impact; and help local operating leaders gain valuable skills to more effectively lead their respective teams, particularly in diversity and inclusion efforts.
Local Diversity Councils are being rolled out across the Realogy network and the majority will be in place by the end of the year. Priority markets include Atlanta, Austin, Tex., Boston, Cincinnati, Dallas, Houston, and Washington, DC. The initiative is new, but KPIs include:
- Diverse agent recruitment
- Engagement of local branch managers and agents in national, local, industry and partner events to increase visibility and community support
- Increased membership with our industry partners, such as NAHREP and NAGLREP
- Number of diverse agents on Top Agent lists, important for increasing engagement with burgeoning diverse market segments
- Number of company mentoring and brainstorming sessions and events
Our business is driven by human relationships, formed in helping people realize the dream of home ownership, often during milestone moments in their lives. As a leader in residential real estate, we have the opportunity and responsibility to be an agent and voice for equality and fairness in housing, and to act with the utmost integrity. We create an inclusive environment where everyone can strive to reach their full potential and be treated with respect.