We believe when people feel supported in a holistic way at work, they are more engaged and successful. Therefore, we take a holistic wellbeing approach to our benefits and wellness programs organizing across three pillars to help address the physical, personal, and financial wellbeing needs of our employees.
- Expanded Family Leave – To help the many employees who balance work with caregiver responsibilities, our expanded leave program offers employees up to 8 weeks annual paid leave and the ability to choose how to use it in support of their family needs - Parental Family Leave (maternity, paternity, adoption, and foster care); plus Eldercare or Caregiver Leave. (These, in addition to existing maternity leave and FMLA benefits)
- Domestic Partner Benefits – Medical insurance coverage offered for same sex and opposite sex domestic partners.
- Expanded EAP Benefits – In 2020, we more than doubled the number of monthly covered mental health counseling sessions (from 5 to 12) and also extended eligibility of family members to utilize these services.
- Annual Time Off Flexibility –Ability to rollover one week of their Choice Time Off to the next calendar year (during the pandemic added a two week option). Time Off for Voting – Employees may take a full day off to vote annually. Volunteer Time Off – 40 hours paid annual leave to volunteer in community service of most importance to them. Added Juneteenth as company holiday.
- Crisis Management Time Off – Created a new code so employees can take time off to navigate the impact of COVID-19 on their personal and family lives – without using their personal time off – to care for sick family, homeschool kids, take a mental health break from working virtually, or manage the stress of the pandemic in general.
- Wellbeing Platform - Our Virgin Pulse wellbeing program helps employees build positive habits in support of their personal wellbeing goals.
- On-going Fitness Enhancements – When COVID-19 forced a national lockdown, Genworth rolled out a suite of offerings to keep employees physically and emotionally healthy. On-site fitness centers evolved into the Genworth Virtual Gym, offering all employees free access to a robust daily schedule of live virtual classes, recorded workouts, webinars on health, fitness, mindfulness, and other wellness topics.
- Special Needs Children –Rethink Benefits provides services & resources for families with special needs children, including access to board-certified behavioral analysts.
- Free Second Opinion – Through 2ND MD employees can seek a free second opinion with board-certified doctors to ensure their care plans for injury, illness or chronic pain are the best options.
- Onsite Wellness Clinics –Staffed with nurse practitioners, provides convenient medical and wellness services year-round. During COVID-19, offered employees drive-thru flu shots and COVID testing.
- Paying for Higher Education – Our Tuition Reimbursement program offers employees up to $7500 per year in tuition reimbursement toward degreed programs. Our Student Loan Repayment program helps eligible employees repay loans with $200 monthly payments direct to the loan originator.
- Financial Wellbeing – Ernst & Young (EY) offers free personal financial planning, annual workshop series covering financial topics selected by employees, and during COVID-19 held a series webinars to help employees manage finances in uncertain times.
- Healthy Living Subsidy –By participating in an online 10 minute health risk assessment, employees earn a significant discount off their Genworth medical insurance premiums for themselves and covered spouse/ domestic partners.