Employee Retention Strategies
Improve employee retention.
Promote employee engagement.
- Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) allow members to develop and build leadership skills, raise awareness, educate others and contribute to communities
- ERG members champion Northrop Grumman as a desirable workplace—promoting a culture where team members can bring their whole selves to work.
- We continually look for ways to help bridge the employment gap for retiring and exiting service members. Our VERITAS ERG is a resource we use to support veterans. We also support existing partnerships with external groups including Dept of Defense Hiring Heroes and Student Veterans of America.
Increase leadership development.
- Offer growth opportunities through internal and external speaking engagements.
- Encourage and support recognition through internal and external awards.
Continue to be an employer of choice for diversity and inclusion.
- In 2016, we participated in 12 achievement conferences to recruit new diverse employees and develop talent. We won awards from various diversity and LGBT organizations and were named a top company for executive women. We achieved a perfect 100 point rating on the Disability Equality Index Best Places to Work for Individuals with Disabilities.
• Employee Resource Group members champion Northrop Grumman as a desirable workplace—promoting a culture where team members can bring their whole selves to work—strengthening our retention rates.
• Northrop Grumman’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means we’re making sure everyone has equal opportunities to put their talents, skills and experience to work here.
• An inclusive work environment where all employees feel welcomed, respected, included and valued allows everyone to contribute to innovation and achieve top performance—and again, want to stay!