We recognized the need to foster a greater sense of community and cultural awareness in the firm.
Our employee network groups (ENG) are open to all Edelman employees and serve as vehicles to build internal communities in which employees can share, learn and grow-professionally and personally.
In 2011, Edelman developed the Global Women's Executive Network (GWEN) focused on increasing the number of women in senior leadership. In the last two years, we've launched four additional networks: Edelman Equal, focused on the LGBTQ community; Edelman Griot, focused on the Black community; Edelman Inclusivo, our Latino network; and our Veterans network, Edelman Forward.
1) Foster the retention and success of employees;
2) Understand emerging cultural and audience trends;
3) Act as a resource for employees to create a supportive network;
4) Provide opportunities for professional development; and
5) Offer insights to drive and direct our competitive advantage.
Our ENGs have been tremendously effective. A few outcomes include: