Culture of Inclusion
To ensure a culture of inclusion, Associated Bank needed greater organizational awareness of and specific actions to address the unique needs of diverse populations within our workforce, customer base and communities.
Between 2011 and 2016, we established six Colleague Resource Groups that brought together colleagues based on common interests, backgrounds or demographic factors such as gender, race or ethnicity. These include:
- Associated Women's Network
- Cultural Awareness Network
- Young Professionals of Associated
- Associated Veterans Network
- Associated Pride & Equality Exchange
- Associated Forward Abilities Network
Each group provides its members with opportunities to network, address common issues and concerns, and receive support from those who share similar backgrounds. They focus on initiatives that influence workforce development; workplace culture, policies and programs; and marketplace practices. In addition, the groups engage with non-profit community partners, other businesses and various centers of influence to help ensure we are building inclusive environment for our colleagues, customers and the communities we serve.
More than 43% of colleagues participate in one or more Colleague Resource Groups. In addition, our annual workplace survey shows that 81% of all colleagues feel Associated Bank values and includes colleagues' diverse thoughts and backgrounds.
In addition, since implementing colleague resource groups, Associated Bank been recognized for its efforts by several external organizations. Awards received include, but are not limited to:
- Best and Brightest Large Business by National Association of Business Resources
- Best for Vets Employer by Military Times
- Top Veteran-Friendly Company by U.S. Veterans Magazine
- 2020 Women on boards.