The individual leaders of our 291 chapters want and need tools, resources and leadership support to advance diversity and inclusion at the local level.
Advancing D&I by Design has three components:
1. A Toolkit to guide Leagues through specific stages:
2. A focused campaign to address “Making a Commitment,” called the “100% Challenge” (with specific, focused efforts around “embedding” and “championing” to come)
3. A two-day, in-person intensive training track based on the Toolkit, to be offered multiple times each year for League leaders
In its first year:
1. The Toolkit has been downloaded from the AJLI website over 600 times
2. Over 50% of the Junior Leagues have “Made the Commitment,” and an additional 15% have reported being in the process of doing so. The 100% Challenge continues.
3. Leaders from 41 Junior Leagues attended the first two-day intensive training track in April, 2018. The track received an impressive evaluation of 4.9 on a 5.0 scale.
The CEO Action Pledge reminds all of us of the critical role of commitment from the top, and provides us with the opportunity to fulfill that leadership role even better by learning from each other – across industries and sectors. That’s powerful.