First Data Employee Resource Groups
Provide opportunities for employees with common backgrounds and experiences to come together to learn, support one other and drive company-wide initiatives that increase diversity and inclusion and, ultimately, our success as an organization.
First Data aligned its eight Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to strategic company goals focusing on employment, professional development, and entrepreneurship for maximum interaction and leverage of ERG purpose and passions. Owner-associates are welcome to join any and all ERGs:
- The Asian Leadership Council is a resource for Asian owner-associates and also an avenue to connect with Asian-owned businesses and organizations.
- The Black Leadership Council was created to strengthen and celebrate the contribution of Black owner-associates and promote issues of importance that contribute to First Data’s diverse culture.
- Juntos serves the company’s Hispanic and Latino community and is based on the importance of family as its core value.
- The Military Affinity Group was established to foster support for military-affiliated owner-associates.
- Thrive was established to create a network and support system for individuals across the ability spectrum, supporting the belief that everyone can flourish and succeed.
- UNITY supports the LGBT community to be on the frontlines, monitoring discriminatory legislation, and working to ensure equality for all.
- The Women’s Leadership Council helps to attract, retain, develop, and promote women leaders through professional and personal development opportunities for First Data’s women.
YoPro, which advocates for young professionals, is a resource to help up-and-coming owner-associates develop their careers as they grow and take on more responsibility in the workplace.
When we provide for an environment that allows our team members to bring their whole selves to work, they are more productive, eager to take on new challenges, and incentivized to remain loyal to First Data. More than 4,300 owner-associates take part in First Data ERGs across 47 global chapters.
Every day, both inside and outside of our offices, people at every level of our company take part in activities and initiatives that uplift others. Their collective work speaks to the very special company that is First Data. We know that many don’t have access to all of the educational resources they need. We know that many have served most of their careers in uniform. We know that many are underprivileged or suffer from hardships.
We’re proud of the work that we do in the area of corporate citizenship, but we’re also mindful that we have a long way to go to be the company that we want to be. We can always be better.